Monday, April 2, 2012

Roasted Chicken

I guess I've got to spill the beans.  I GOT A SEAT AT NEXT!  I've finally scored a seat at the restaurant I've been obsessing over for the last 5 months.  I don't care that I'm going to go into work next Monday on 2-3 hours of sleep at best.  I GOT A SEAT AT NEXT! 

Now that I have that out of the way on to the pictures from my roasted chicken dish from Sunday night.

The chicken was roasted and for some extra flavor I put some butter under the skin.  This is the fixings for a chipotle lime butter.

As an added bonus the side dish gets roasted along with the main course and basted in the rendered chicken fat.  Here are Yukon Gold potatoes that have been seasoned with olive oil and salt and pepper.

The raw chicken with the butter under the skin and seasoned with salt and pepper ready to go into a 500 degree oven.

The chicken got served with another side of pan roasted asparagus that was topped with an orange vinaigrette.  This picture is all the stuff for the vinaigrette.  Oranges, shallots, thyme, pine nuts and what you don't see is sherry vinegar.

The mixture prior to reducing down a bit.

The final sauce.

The completed asparagus.  The asparagus were roasted off in a saute pan with olive oil, salt and pepper.

Here is the finished roasted chicken.

And the completed plating, and yes I know that looks terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment