Saturday, April 14, 2012

Look Ma, Vegetables!

If you've been reading for a while you know that I don't eat much in the way of vegetables.  But I did last night.  I made a chicken caesar salad.

 Step one, polenta croutons, which is a fun riff on the traditional bread croutons.  Here we have water, cream, yellow corn meal and parmesan cheese.  The water was brought to a boil and then the cornmeal went in for a few minutes.  Then the cream and cheese were added in and the mixture was chilled in the fridge for a couple hours.

All the stuff for the salad and dressing.  Prosciutto, garlic, a mixture of mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, anchovies, Parmesan cheese, romaine lettuce, and mixed greens.

The prosciutto was fried off in a bit of oil.

The croutons get the same treatment.

 The completed chicken.

The completed croutons.

The completed dressing, the garlic and mayo mixture were combined and then olive oil was whisked in.

The completed plate.  One of the better ones I've come up with, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment