Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Steak, Cilantro Risotto Cakes

I know, I know steak again.  What can I say, it's a noble beast that blesses us with delicious delicious steaks.  Risotto cakes on the other hand are a bit more of a delicacy, they can be pretty labor intensive and are notoriously finicky once you try to fry them up.  I had two fall apart on me before I got them right.

Everything you need, butter, salt, cilantro, chicken broth, a gorgeous New York Strip steak, onion, arborio rice, pepper, and garlic.


A couple tablespoons of the onion and the garlic got sweated off in the butter first.

Then the rice went in.

This is the completed risotto before it went into the fridge to cool for about an hour.  To get to this point a couple of cups of the chicken broth went into the rice about 1/2 cup at a time and reduced down until it was almost gone.


Here are the cakes after being coated in a bit of panko bread crumbs waiting for the oil to heat up.

The cakes being fried off in a bit of olive oil.

The completed cakes.

The finished grilled steak.

The final plate.




No comments:

Post a Comment