Monday, September 24, 2012

Potato Leek Soup

I don't generally crave soups and when I make them I don't end up eating very much of it, I guess it has something to do with the fact there's just not generally anything there to chew.  Maybe I'm just weird though.

There is, however, one soup out there that I love every time I make it, Potato Leek soup.  This version from Good Eat was particularly good.

The stuff, vegetable broth, butter, salt, potatoes, chives, buttermilk, pepper, cream and leeks.

I cut the leeks into half moons and then cooked them in the butter for about 25 minutes.

After the leeks had cook, the potatoes went in along with the vegetable broth and then simmered for about 45 minutes.  Once the cooking had completed I took my stick blender to the veg and this was the result.

The finished soup, this is after the cream, buttermilk, salt, pepper and chives were added.




1 comment:

  1. I think your dislike for soup comes from your aversion to all hot drinks... which of course we all know is weird. I, however, make up for it. It is a rare day that I don't drink at least cup of coffee and two cups of hot tea.

    ReplyDelete