Sunday, September 16, 2012

Steak and Fries

I just can't help doing a steak and potato combination, though I didn't pull this one off as successfully as I have some others.  I cooked the steak pretty well and I learned that when a steak is cut slightly unevenly I'd rather sacrifice undercooked on the thicker end than to over cook the thinner end.  I also learned that there is a reason that if you're going to fry your fries twice there is a reason you're supposed to let them cool completely after the first fry.

 Everything  you need, potatoes, sugar, salt, pepper, steak, cayenne, ancho chile pepper.

 Here are the fries after they came out of a fry at about 325.  The reason I didn't let them cool completely because it was 9 PM and I was hungry.

 I was looking to change things up so rather than a regular salt and pepper seasoning I did an ancho chile rub that included ancho chile pepper, salt, pepper, cayenne, and sugar.

 The steak halfway through the searing process.

 The fries in the oil for the final fry.

 The completed steak.

The completed fries, they look crispy, but because they were still hot when they went into the higher temperature oil they were kind of soggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment