Sunday, September 9, 2012

Chicken, carrot salad

I was doing so well with blogging on the same day as I cooked, but I fell off the wagon on Thursday.  Unfortunately for you, a lot of what I'm actually supposed to be cooking are side dishes which means the main part of the meal is either grilled steak or chicken.  This one was no different.  The primary recipe was a carrot salad, which was delicious but what you'll see a lot of is the chicken I grilled with it.  I did change it up a little bit from the standard salt and pepper and went with an ad hoc rub for this chicken.


All the stuff you need, green onions, pistachios, chicken breasts, carrots, salt, lemon, paprika, parsley, cinnamon, cumin, and brown sugar and the final ingredient which my sister will be really proud of me for trying for the first time, dates.  I hate to admit it, but at the end I actually forgot to put the pistachios in the salad. 
 The chicken got rubbed with a rub of cinnamon, salt, pepper, brown sugar, cumin and paprika.  It was an excellent example of you can make a great rub with a lot of pretty random ingredients.

 The completed chicken.  You can see the wonderful carmelization of the sugar and paprika.

The final plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment