Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Chicken Francese

This was a really simple chicken dish with a butter and wine sauce.  Overall, this dish is very similar the the traditional schnitzels of Germany. So here we go.

The first step was to make the sauce.  Flour, chicken broth, white wine, red onion (should have used white but I didn't have any), lemon and butter.

The first part of the sauce was to saute the onions in the butter.  The onions cooked until they were soft.  From there I added the flour until a bit of a roux was formed. 

From there I added the wine, chicken broth and lemon juice.  I then let it simmer until the sauce thickened.

Here is all the stuff for the chicken portion of the dish.  You need chicken breasts, parsley, flour, salt, pepper, olive oil, eggs and milk.

I coated the chicken with eggs and flour after seasoning with some salt and pepper.  I then pan fried the breasts in the olive oil.  This is what they looked halfway through the frying process.

The final plate.  You can see the faulty red specs in the sauce from the red onion that was because I didn't use white onions.  Of course the flavor of those onions are the same so no impact there.  Overall, this dish was awesome.  If you ever get a hankering for a riff on schnitzel this would be a recipe to try.







No comments:

Post a Comment