Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Yellow Pepper Sauce and Tapenade

Well lookie hear, two days two blog posts, maybe things are looking up at my house.  Tonight I had Sam over for dinner and I roasted off a pork tenderloin and served it with a charred yellow pepper sauce and a little black olive tapenade. I was disappointed that I overcooked the pork, but we both absolutely loved the dish.

The first step was to make the charred yellow pepper sauce.  This part of the dish included, a yellow pepper (naturally, peanut oil, honey, dijon mustard, saffron, rice vinegar and garlic. 

As you can see this is the charred part of the dish.  I roasted the pepper over an open flame on the stove until it looked like this. Once the pepper had roasted I peeled it and sliced it and it went into the food processor with the rest of the ingredients.

Next up was the black olive tapenade.  For this you need pine nuts, olive oil, anchovies, nicoise olives and garlic.  In order to make  this part of the dish all of the ingredients went into a food processor until they were combined.

Time for the main show.  Ancho chile powder, paprkia, salt, pepper and pork tenderloin. I combined the chile powder and paprika to make a rub to be placed on the tenderloin after I coated it in a little salt and pepper.

The seasoned pork tenderloin ready to go into the pan.



Here is the tenderloin after being seared on all side.  It's now ready to go into a 400 degree oven.

After spending about 15 minutes in the oven, the tenderloin was ready to rest for a few minutes before slicing.

And here is the final plate.   Like I said, this this was a home run, every little morsel was consumed between the two plates.  I really wish I hadn't overcooked the pork, but overall it was still delicious. 








No comments:

Post a Comment