Sunday, April 7, 2013

Beef Carpaccio

Man, I'm really starting to suck at this blogging thing.  I seem to always promise to start posting more often again and then life gets in the way.  This time it was the result of a car accident.  I hate that I don't post more often.  One of these days I'll be able to get a handle on it. 

I'm going to shoot for a couple of posts today, with everything going on I've been jonesing to cook a lot of stuff in a day.  Today started with a beef carpaccio appetizer.  Something my mom and girlfriend will probably kill me for eating.  Ultimately, I don't care, it's freaking delicious. 

Naturally, in order to make beef carpaccio you need beef tenderloin.  This is a section of a beef tenderloin I bought a couple weeks ago (yes mother I had it in the freezer until I needed it).  Once it was thawed I wrapped it in plastic wrap and partially froze it for a couple hours.
From there I slice it thin and took a meat mallet to pound it out thin.  Unfortunately, this cut sat in my fridge a little longer than I might have liked which is why the meat isn't all pink.  But from here all I needed was the side dish.


So to dress the beef I made a quick arugula salad with a vinaigreet that had salt, pepper, white wine vinegar, dijon mustard and olive oil.

The entire final dressing, lemon, parmesan and the completed salad.

And the final plate.  It was freaking outstanding. 


No comments:

Post a Comment