Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Stuffed Tenderloin

This is another one of those simple dishes that are oh so welcome when stuff really hits the fan in life.  Due to circumstances beyond my control, for the next two weeks myself and one other person are wearing about 8 different hats at work to make sure things continue to run smoothly.  So needless to say I'm a bit frantic right now. 

This is a dish which was in on of the Good Eats cookbooks and includes a portion of a beef tenderloin that is stuffed with blue cheese.

Everything you need for the roast.  Blue cheese, salt, pepper, olive oil and the head of a whole beef tenderloin.  If you didn't want to buy a whole beef tenderloin I'm sure there are other roasts that you could find at the store that would suffice.

So I butterflied the roast and then seared it off in a bit of olive oil after seasoning it with a bit of salt and pepper.  From here I let it rest for about 15 minutes to let the juices redistribute a little bit.

Once the seared roast had rested I sprinkled one side of it with blue cheese and then tied it off with some butcher's twine.  The roast went back into the pan and into a 450 degree oven for about 20 minutes which resulted in the roast being rare in the middle. 

The roast after spending 20 minutes in the oven.  I let it rest for another 10 or 15 minutes before slicing and serving.

The final plate.  At the last minute I decided to boil off some yukon gold potatoes and toss them with some butter and rosemary.  Overall a very delicious way to complete a stupidly hectic day. 






No comments:

Post a Comment