Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Barbecue Beef and Onion Pizza

I love pizza, and if you've followed this blog for any length of time you know I love beef.  So put the two together and you know it'll be a home run.
The first step to any good pizza is a home made dough.  In order to make the dough, you need flour, yeast, salt, water, olive oil and honey.  I heated the water to about 110 degrees and then added the yeast, olive oil and honey and let it sit until the yeast started foaming.  In a mixer I combined the flour and salt.  Once the liquid mixture was ready I combined the two to form the dough.

 
This is the completed dough before I let it rise for about 90 minutes.

Everything you need for the pizza.  Salt, pepper, olive oil, barbecue sauce, red onion, butter, any beef will work but I used flank steak here and cilantro.

The onion portion of the evening was made by slicing the onion really thinly and then sauteeing them in a bit of the butter.

I seasoned the beef with the salt and pepper and then seared it off in some of the olive oil.  From there I sliced the beef and cut it into bite sized pieces and then tossed it in some of the barbecue sauce.

All of the stuff you need to finalize the pizza.  The cooked onions and beef, along with fontina, mozzarella and the dough.



Here is the assembled pizza ready to go into the oven.

And here is the pizza after it spent about 12 minutes in a 500 degree oven.  This was so good, you have no idea. So good that I ate the whole freaking thing in one sitting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment