Monday, May 27, 2013

Steak Sandwiches

So I'll admit it, I'm hitting the reboot button a bit.  Life is just so busy these days, I have time to cook, but sitting down to put my thoughts into my little piece of the web is a little difficult at times.  Last Monday I had wanted to do a pork dish but none of the stores I went to had the pork loin I was going to need to pull it off successfully.  So I made this steak sandwich instead. 

 The first step was to prep the steak.  I used a sirloin steak which is not a cut you would eat straight up, so it was perfect for t his dish.  The steak was seasoned with salt, pepper, ancho chile pepper and brown sugar.
The sandwich wasn't just served straight up, it included a corn salsa.  The salsa included, corn, red onion, apple cider vinegar, mustard, sweet relish, Frank's hot sauce, ketchup, salt, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, and poblano pepper.  I roasted the poblano and then peeled it and diced it and mixed it with the rest of the ingredients.

 The final pieces of the sandwich, bread, olive oil and romaine lettuce.  The bread would end up getting toasted off on the grill after the steak was cooked.

 The seasoned steak ready to hit my NEW WEBER GRILL!  It is new, but this wasn't the first time I've used it, but this was the first non seafood item that I cooked on it.  I love it, the thing will get to 600+ degrees without even breaking a sweat.

 The completed steak.

The finished sandwiches.  These things were delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment