Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Panda Express ain't got nothin on me

That's right, I decided to make an americanized Chinese dish that an American fast food joint has cornered the market on at home.  I honestly, I think I made it better than them.  So even though B/N just got their first Panda Express about 6 months ago, I doubt I'll be going there more than the one time I hit it up about 2 months ago.  Take that corporate fast food!


Any orange chicken actually needs real oranges, in addition we have cayenne pepper, chicken broth, distilled vinegar, garlic, ginger, eggs, soy sauce, baking powder, corn starch, brown sugar and chicken thighs.

The chicken got cut into chunks and marinated in everything except the eggs, corn starch and baking powder.

A meal is always better with fried chicken.  Reason number 1, 1A, 2, 3 and 100 why I love my Le Crueset Dutch Oven.  That pan makes stovetop deep frying easy as can be.  One of these days I'll have the money to have a built in deep fryer much like they do in a restaurant.

Finished dish, wish I had some green onion for color and garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment