Sunday, May 20, 2012

mmmmmm Tuna


Tuna is probably my favorite fish on the planet.  So on Thursday I had a  grilled tuna steak with wasabi butter.

Here's the stuff for the epic fail version of a rice cake.  Sugar, corn starch, rice, rice vinegar and salt.  Basically I spent all kinds of time cooking the rice only to have the cake completely fall apart during the final cooking process.


The wasabi butter.  Butter, salt, lemon, parsley and wasabi powder.


The marinade for the tuna.  The wet poriton includes. rice vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, soy sauce, sherry and siracha.  The dry portion includes, green onions, garlic, and ginger. After everything was put together the tuna marinated for about 20 minutes.




The cucumber salad stuffs.  The wet part is sugar, rice vinegar, pickled ginger (yes I already had this on hand) and salt.  Dry part was cucumber, orange, cilantro. green onions, parsley and bean sprouts. 


The cooked tuna, the clerk today me this wasn't sushi grade but there's not chance I'm cooking tuna past medium rare.  Then the second pic is the final plating.

No comments:

Post a Comment