Monday, February 6, 2012

Welcome

I just want to take this to welcome everyone to my blog.  What I hope to do here is document my successes and failures in my culinary adventures. 

Starting a food blog is something I've thought about doing for a while, but when I found out about Next Restaurant's ebooks I was sold.

Next Restaurant in Chicago is my newest food obsession.  Next is a new concept in restaurants in that they don't take reservations, the sell tickets and in how they do their menus.  They do a single menu for a 12 week run and then they move onto the next concept.

The restaurant opened in April 2011, with their Paris 1906 menu inspired by Escoffier, a chef widely considered the father of modern gastronomy.  During the development of the menu, the restaurant documented their tests and recipes and at the conclusion of the menu released those recipes in an ebook.

Since I have a better chance of winning the lottery than ever dining at Next, I've decided that I'm going to take the ebooks and make the menus at home. 

My initial thought was that my first post on here would document the whole menu making process but having a chance to look through everything that is involved made me realize that prepping for this is going to be a several week process.  Here is the menu I'm planning.

Hours d'Oueveres
Turtle Soup
Sunchoke Soup
Dover Sole with Crawfish Mousse
Poached Chicken and Cucumbers
Seared lamb loin, fried sweetbreads and butter sauce
Roasted Duck and Red Wine Sauce
Salad
Coffee Pastry and Rum Ice Cream
Chocolate Souffle
Mignardises (Mixed Desert)


I hope you enjoy this place as much I'll enjoy writing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment