Wednesday, February 29, 2012

2 posts in 1

I've been slacking a bit in the kitchen recently.  I've had a couple of timing fails trying to get what I wanted to done and I've been swamped at work. 

So Tuesday night I had a one pan lasagna dish from Cooking at Home with America's Test Kitchen.  Overall, pretty good but I probably put too much ricotta in.  But anyway, on to the pictures.

Here we have the mise, canned diced tomatoes, ricotta, onions, garlic and red pepper flakes, parmesan, ground beef, and lasagna sheets.

I first sauteed the onions for a few minutes then added the garlic for about 30 seconds, then finally the ground beef went in until cooked through.

The final plating, honestly it looks like crap on a plate.  But what you haven't seen here is that after the beef was cooked the lasagna sheets when in which were then topped with the tomatoes and a bit of water.  The pan then was covered and the mixture simmered for about 20 minutes.

After the mixture was simmered, I added dollops of ricotta and the parmesan and let that sit for a few minutes to melt a bit. 


Then tonight because I'm slammed at work, I didn't have time for anything too fancy.  Thankfully, I had something easy in the hopper.  Rock Roasted Shrimp from Good Eats 2:  The Middle Years.  Again a decent dish but nothing to really write home about.






The mise, the top pic is a sheet pan covered with rock salt and the shrimp still in their shell.  Second pic is the side dish I decided to throw together, fingerling potatoes.

The final presentation.  The potatoes were roasted for about 25 minutes and the shrimp for about 15. 

No comments:

Post a Comment