Saturday, February 11, 2012

Busy Saturday

Today was a very busy day in the kitchen.  I started prepping the broths for Paris 1906 and season tickets for Next went on sale.  After 12 hours of refreshing facebook I missed on the season tickets, but overall I had fun.

Today I made the pork stock and chicken stock necessary for a couple of the courses for Paris 1906.  This is a picture of the stocks as they started cooking.



Then for dinner I made a red chili crusted filet mignon with mushroom sauce



The mise.




Mushroom sauce cooking.


Cooked steak,  this was the biggest failure of the night.  While the steak was cooked perfectly, as you can see none of the chiles stuck to the meat.



The completed meal.  Overall very tasty, was very frustrated that the chiles didn't stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment