Saturday, February 18, 2012

Lamb Chop's Play Along

Yeah, I totally went there with that title but it's appropriate.  Thursday night from Bobby Flay's Bold American Food I made pan seared lamb chops served over preserved jalapenos. 

So here we go.

The mise.  WE've got a mixture of red peppers and jalapenos, red wine vinegar, sugar and the lamb chops.

Here is all of the ingredients except for the lambchops.  The recipe called for preserves but I really just candied the vegetables because I didn't feel like canning them. 

Here are the lamb chops in the pan.  Lamb should always be served rare, so I only cooked them for about 3 minutes per side.

The completed lamb chops.

The completed plate.  This meal was absolutely delicious.  I probably didn't make the vegetables as spicy as I could have since I used an equal number of red peppers and jalapenos and as you know, red peppers are much larger.  Which overall was probably a good thing since I don't do very well with spicy.

Anyway, it's now Saturday and time for round 2 of the stocks and broths for Paris 1906, which I will have posted probably tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment