Monday, August 5, 2013

Pan Roasted Cornish Game Hen with Corn Succotash

Good lord has it really been a month since my last post. I know I say this every time I go on some sort of unintended hiatus, but holy crap does time fly.  I'm so sorry my dear reader, the last month has been an absolute whirlwind.  I had a wedding with my girlfriend, I was on vacation from Saturday to Saturday, then I had this little 30th birthday party thing.  Ugh, I'm actually admitting to the world that I'm 30 years old, I kind of hate myself right now.

Anyway, I have done some cooking over the past month, but at times its been few and far between which makes this a perfect time to hit another reboot button.  So here we go, this dish was out of Cuisine Magazine, a pretty simple dish provided you have a small bit of planning leading up to it.

We started tonight with the has.  This included butter olive oil, corn, basil, cream, red pepper, snow peas, zucchini, yellow squash and thyme.

The first step for the succotash was frying off some garlic in a mixture of garlic and olive oil.

Once the garlic was ready I added little slices of yellow squash, zucchini, and snow peas and sauteed them off for a few minutes.

Once the veggies were done, cream, red pepper, basil and thyme went into the pan and reduced until I was ready to serve.

Here is the completed has, which of course was delicious.

Now time to get started on the chicken portion of the evening.  Here we have a cornish game hen, salt pepper and olive oil.

The chicken was split and that seared in the olive oil until cooked through.  I can never get enough of that beautiful sear on the skin that in my opinion can only be obtained with a gas stove.

Final plating.  Not the most beautiful thing in the world but man did it taste good.











No comments:

Post a Comment