Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Grilled Lamb Chops with Red Wine Vinaigrette

So two posts in two days, I'm so proud of myself.  Tonight was grilled lamb chops that were served with a concentrated red wine vinaigrette.

So the first step for this dish was to marinate the lamb chops.  The marinated included olive oil, rosemary, and garlic.  The whole mixture was combined and I marinated for about 2 hours, though the recipe called for 4-6 hours.  With a marinade like this I understand the amount of time required, but I live by myself and I work like 45-50 hours a week.  So I simply don't have the time for that. 

So now that the lamb was in the marinade I finished the vinaigrette.  The ziploc container holds a bottle of rioja wine that I reduced from a whole bottle to about a quarter cup.  Given my growing propensity to drink wines the idea of reducing a whole bottle to that little liquid is a bit off putting but as long as you get a moderately priced bottle its ok. The other ingredients include salt, pepper, red wine vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard and honey.

The vinaigrette ingredients outside of the olive oil were combined in a food processor.  Then once they had spun for a bit I started to add the olive oil until it had reached the desired consistency. The picture above was the final product of the sauce.

Once the lamb came out of the marinade I grilled it off.  This is what it looked like after it was done cooking.  I'll be honest, I ended up over cooking it.  Lamb should be served medium rare and I missed that outside of the very inside of the bones.  I'll be honest, when it comes to meat, that might be my biggest flaw.  Too often I end up over cooking it.


The final plate, nothing too fancy here, please ignore the fact that I served it on a paper plate.



No comments:

Post a Comment