Thursday, August 8, 2013

Pork Chops with Blackberry Zinfandel sauce and Baby Carrots

Honestly, since I saw this dish in the Cuisine magazine I've been drooling over it and looking forward to making it.  Tonight was that night, and whoa baby did it ever live up to the hype. 

So this is everything you need for the pork chop and sauce.  It looks like a lot, I know, however, this is really simple since everything is basically ready to go as is.  The only cutting and chopping required is the onion (which should actually be a shallot).

The next step was the carrots and mint gremolata.  this is also really simple, butter, salt pepper, carrots, mint, brown sugar and lemon.

So the pork chop got seasoned with chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.

Once seasoned I seared it off in a bit of olive oil until the spice mixture started to caramelize a bit.

This is what it looked like after searing and spending some time in the oven to finish cooking.

Once the pork was done, I sauteed off the onion in some of the leftover oil.

Once the onions were done, a bit of California Zinfandel, chicken broth and whole blackberries went into deglaze the pan.

I let the whole, wine, blackberry and broth mixture reduce for a few minutes and then added some fresh blackberries to it and then cut small amounts of butter in until it reached my desired thickness.

So, no picture but the first step for the carrots were to parboil them in some water.  Once partially cook, I sauteed them in some butter until cooked through.

Once cooked through the carrots were tossed with the gremolata mix of mint, lemon zest, salt, pepper and brown sugar.

And here is the final plate.  Good lord I wish I had put some greens on the plate, but holy holy crap was this so good.  I loved every bite.










No comments:

Post a Comment