Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Shrimp Wontons

I know I've been quiet lately, been busy at work and in life in general.  Hoping to get back into this blogging thing this week.

I needed a simple dish tonight because I took the dog on nearly a 30 minute walk and then still had to go to the grocery store.  So here we go.

Here's the stuff for the wontons.  Shrimp, sugar, white pepper, cornstarch, wonton wrappers, green onions, soy sauce, chicken broth, ginger, dried mushrooms and napa cabbage.

I didn't get a picture of it, but I peeled and deveined the shrimp and chopped them up and then I chopped up all the other ingredients and combined them in a bowl.  For the mushrooms I boiled some water and let the mushrooms soak for about 20 minutes then chopped those up and added them to the rest of the ingredients.

Now that the filling was complete I needed to make the dipping sauce.  Really simple here to, soy sauce, mayo, rice vinegar, sweet chili sauce and Siracha.  All of the goodies went into a bowl and I mixed them up.

The final result of the dipping sauce.

Ok now that the filling and the sauce was ready to go, time to cook the wontons.  I stuffed each wonton wrapper with about a teaspon of the filling and then folded them over.  The stuffed wrappers went into some boiling water for a few minutes and this was the result. 

The presentation sucks, but this was the final plate.  Absolutely delicious.





No comments:

Post a Comment