Thursday, February 28, 2013

Gnocchi, creamy peas and Bacon

The final of four gnocchis and I might have inadvertently saved the best for last.  This version included pancetta (Italian bacon that is only salt cured, not smoked like American versions), and peas.

 All the stuff you need for the dish.  Gnocchi dough, peas, onions, Parmesan, cream, chicken broth, oil, nutmeg, pancetta and butter.

The crispy pancetta, as much as I love traditional American bacon, there is certainly a time and place for the salty goodness that is pancetta.  This was definitely one of those times.  You can find it  at your friendly deli counter at your local grocery store. 

After the bacon was cooked, I put the butter in the pan and then sauteed the onions until they were translucent. 

Once the onions were cooked, the cream, chicken broth, peas, and bacon went back into the pan to reduce down to make the final sauce.

The mixture has now had some time to reduce, maybe five minutes and is ready for the gnocchi.

While the sauce was finishing I shaped the gnocchi and fried it off in some butter. Oh before this I also boiled it off in some salted water.

I feel like my presentations have really been suffering over the past couple weeks.  But holy crap was this delicious.  I highly recommend that you guys try this one.  If you wan the recipe just let me know. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment