Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Chili Chicken Skewers with Mashed Sweet Potatoes

Dear God, I'm sorry readers it's been two weeks since my last post.  Life has just been insane, and even though I've been cooking, blogging about it has been way in the back of my mind.  So lets hit the reboot button yet again.  This is a dish I made last night, it's a chicken breast that was coated with a chili mixture and served along side some mashed sweet potatoes. 

The first step was to make the pesto dipping sauce.  This consisted of cilantro, parsley, garlic, lime juice, peanuts instead of the traditional pine nuts and olive oil.

The whole mixture buzzed around in a food processor until this was the result.

 Next up was the chicken.  The rub included chili powder, cayenne, salt, pepper and brown sugar.

I coated the chicken with the rub and then sauteed them off in a bit  of olive oil.

 The final step was the mashed sweet potatoes.  This version is a little unusual since it included bananas.  I peeled the sweet potato and boiled it until it was cooked, I then added the banana, chopped jalapeno and orange juice until it looked like the picture below.


This was the final plate.  Unfortunately, the chicken was a bit chewy and the mashed potatoes a little too sweet which made the dish nearly inedible.  The pesto, however, was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment