Sunday, December 30, 2012

Tortas

So with the holiday, my cooking (and blogging) schedule has been a bit messed up.  I got to the store for this week on Wednesday night, so that's when I made this simple version of a Mexican sandwich. 

So this is everything you need for this meal.  Flour tortillas, pepper, olive oil, oregano, monterey jack cheese, goat cheese, and salt.

Everything but the tortillas and the olive oil got mixed up for the filling.

Each of the first four tortillas was topped with a bit of the filling.  Then the final tortillas went on and was brushed with some olive oil and on a whim I sprinkled some ancho chile powder over the top.  The whole thing went into a 500 degree oven for about 5 minutes.

This was the final result. Was it good?  Yes.  Was it easy, perfect for those busy nights?  Yes.  Would I make it again?  Probably not, unless I included some animal protein in the filling.



No comments:

Post a Comment