Sunday, September 22, 2013

Glazed Salmon with Spicy Tomato Relish

As you can probably guess from the title this was another pretty simple dish that I made earlier this week.  So why don't we just cut to the chase.

The start of the glaze.  Sherry vinegar, dijon mustard, honey, and ancho chile powder.  All of the ingredients got mixed together and heated up.  Once in the pan I let the mixture reduce until somewhat syrupy.

The final result for the glaze.

The start of the relish.  Salt, pepper, olive oil, red wine vinegar, tomato, red pepper flakes, onion and parsley.  The veggies were chopped and combined with the spices and the vinegar and oil for the relish. 

Then we have this beautiful piece of heaven.  A wonderful piece of wild fresh caught salmon.  That I first seasoned with salt and pepper then coated with a bit of the glaze before it hit the grill.

I grilled the fish for about 2 minutes per side while periodically glazing the salmon and this was the finished product.  I love my new grill couldn't get those grill marks with the old one.

The final plate.  I sauced it with a bit of the extra glaze.  This dish was delicious and would definitely recommend that you try it sometime. 





No comments:

Post a Comment