Sunday, September 15, 2013

CHicken Hash with Butternut Squash and Kale

Another simple dish for a weeknight meal during a crazy busy time.  Thankfully, over the next two weeks only two events on the calendar and they are both one night deals here locally.  Anyway, on to the food.

The first ingredients up were the butternut squash and kale.  The squash needed to cook for a few minutes in boiling water and then once the squash was done, I added the kale.  The kale cooked in the residual heat of the water.

While the squash and kale were cooking I prepped the rest of the ingredients which included, onions, chicken thighs, sage, dijon mustard, maple syrup, dried cranberries, chicken broth and olive oil.

I heated some of the olive oil and sauteed off some the chicken.

Once the chicken was cooked most of the way through I added the onions to cook them off.

Once the onion was cooked, I added the cooked squash and kale along with the cranberries and a combination of chicken broth and maple syrup.

I reduced down the liquid down a little bit before serving and plating it up.  I'll be honest, this was an average meal. 






No comments:

Post a Comment