Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Stuffed Steak Part 2

I know, I can't get off of these steak dinners, oh well, I love beef.  This version is a stuffed steak with a blue cheese and spinach.

 The stuff for the steak.  Again, simple, just salt pepper and olive oil.  The steak was seasoned with everything and then seared off for a few minutes on each side.

 The stuff for the blue cheese spinach dressing.  Bacon, thyme, sherry, salt, pepper, garlic, blue cheese, and spinach.

 To start the stuffing, I seared off the bacon and then I added the spinach, garlic and sherry.  The whole mixture reduced down for a bit. 

 In the bowl I put the blue cheese, salt, pepper and thyme.  After the spinach mixture was done I mixed the two together.  This was the finished result.  A little more liquid in there than I had hoped, but still pretty delicious.

 I cut an x in the steak and put the stuffing in.  The steak was then topped with a bit of parmesan and went into a 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes.


Here's all the stuff for the roasted vegetable salad.  On the left is the ingredients for the dressing, salt, pepper, horseradish, honey, red wine vinegar, shallots, olive oil and parsley.  On the right the veggies that were roasted off.  Asparagus, tomatoes, mushrooms, salt, pepper and olive oil.

 In order to make the dressing all of the ingredients were mixed together in a bowl until emulsified.


These are the completed vegetables after spending about 10 minutes in the oven.

This is what the steak looked like after finishing in the oven. 

And the final plate.  On the whole, not nearly as successful and the first stuffed steak I did.  But still pretty delicious. 


No comments:

Post a Comment