Saturday, November 10, 2012

Pork with asian flavors

For as much as I love beef, pork has to be a close second.  This is a great recipe for those busy nights where you don't have much time to cook.  Literally, this dish took about 20 minutes start to finish.

 Everything you need for the entire dish.  Pork tenderloin, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, chicken broth, oranges, green onions.

 Now the dish didn't call for this but I decided to put a flour crust on the pork.  Just a basic breading of egg and flour.  The picture above is the pork halfway through the searing process.

 After I finished searing off the pork I threw some shallots in the pan.

 After the shallots cooked a bit then a mixture of the hoisin, orange juice and chicken broth went in.

 After reducing the sesame oil and green onions went in.


The completed plate.  Note, in order to finish the pork I put them in a 300 degree oven for about five minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment