Sunday, October 14, 2012

Wild Mushroom Risotto

I don't usually make my recipes for lunch, but I'm a bit behind on making stuff so I made one for lunch today. 

 Onions, arborio rice, chicken broth, dried mushrooms (in this case porcinis), parmesan, lemon, nutmeg, white wine and asparagus.

 The mushrooms and the asparagus were sauteed in a bit of butter.  These are the completed vegetables.

 After finishing the mushrooms and asparagus the onions were sauteed in a bit of butter as well.

 Then the rice went in for a bit to be toasted off.

 After three or four minutes the wine went in to deglaze the pan. 

 After the wine was nearly evaporated the first bit of chicken broth went in.

 Once the rice was fully cooked which took about four additions of chicken broth and 30 minutes I added the mushrooms and asparagus until they were warmed through.

 The a bit of lemon juice, nutmeg and parmesan went in.

The final plate.  It was very good though I got a bit of grit from the mushrooms which was frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment