Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Reset Button

I know I seem to say that a lot in my little bit of the internets here.  I'm got a bit burned out at the end of last week and I haven't cooked anything since Thursday, some of that was laziness, some of that was a fairly busy family weekend.  I did end up getting back in the kitchen tonight with a Thai inspired duck soup.  The pictures in this post will be a little bit lacking because I did do some of the preliminary work last week before I got lazy and then I ended up deleting a lot of photos off of my phone. 

 All the stuff, roasted duck legs, chicken broth, red curry paste, lemon, red pepper, a mixture of garlic, shallots, ginger, fish sauce, pineapple, fish sauce, tomatoes, brown sugar, carrots and coconut milk.

 The aromatics, and the curry paste sauteed off in a bit of the coconut milk.

 The rest of the coconut milk, carrots, brown sugar, fish sauce and chicken broth went into the pan a simmered until reduced slightly.

 Next the pineapple, pepper and tomatoes went in until they were warmed through

The final plates, I also cooked up a bit a rice to serve on the side.  I'm not sure why I let laziness get in the way of cooking this last week even if I count the time it took to roast off the legs we're talking about maybe 45 minutes total start to finish.  It was a fantastic dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment