Monday, July 24, 2017

Broccoli Rabe Crostini wth Crotonese and Black Pepper Oregano Oil

So I'm a bit behind on these posts from Mario Batali's book.  I have cooked a few things from the book over the past several months I just haven't posted them.  Well here's one of them.

This is the only photo I took of this dish.  Broccoli Rabe is very difficult to find in grocery stores around here so I'm pretty sure I used kale instead.  The kale was boiled until tender and then tossed with garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and oregano.  I grilled off the bread and put the kale mixture on top and topped with thinly sliced fontina cheese.  Again the Crotonese cheese is nearly impossible to find so I used another sheep's milk cheese.  Then once the crostini is assembled it was drizled with an oregano, black pepper and oil concoction.  This made a wonderful side dish for my meal this particular evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment