Sunday, December 28, 2014

Next at Home: Practice: Dragonfruit

I followed up a complex desert with a simple one, thank God after spending 12 hours in the kitchen yesterday. 

This is everything you need for the entire dish.  Dragonfruit, sugar, citric acid and rosewater.  I split the dragonfruit in half and then spread a layer of the sugar mixture on the top and refridgerated for a bit. 

The completed dish.  This was unique.  I've never had dragonfruit before and honestly, it's nothing special.  Definitely needed the sugar mixture to pump up the flavor.  But I also know why Next used this as the final edible course of the evening when they did this menu. 

I now have just one course left and I will have cooked my way through the entire menu, which is exciting.  It definitely took much longer than I anticipated, but I think the wait will be worth it.  Now I just need to find a time for my brother's family to come down and do the whole menu for them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment