Thursday, June 26, 2014

Next at Home: Tour of Thailand: Practice Shrimp and Garlic

You're getting two for the price of one tonight.  I had always planned on doing these two dishes essentially together, one a bit more complex, this one much more simple and they use similar ingredients.  This dish is essentially a shrimp ceviche with some Thai flavors.

The ingredients for the shrimp portion of the dish.  Palm sugar, fish sauce, salt, tomato, garlic, ginger, thai chile, lime and of course shrimp.  All the ingredients except for the shrimp got mixed together to make the marinade. 

So everything that was needed for the final plating.  The green in the lower right is a mint leaf.  From here I peeled and deveined the shrimp and put it in the marinade for two minutes, that's right two minutes.  I ate essentially a raw shrimp tonight.

So the final plating, the mint leaf went on bottom and was then topped with the shrimp which had been washed of any marinade debris the whole thing was then topped with a bit of the solids from the marinade.  Overall, probably my favorite bite of shrimp that I've had in a long long time. 

We're now getting into this menu full swing, I've got one more relatively easy course coming up that I should be able to finish this weekend, then the real fun begins.  I'll tease you now, pork belly and one of the spiciest dishes in the Thai repertoire.  Stay tuned.  







No comments:

Post a Comment