Friday, January 10, 2014

Cornish Game Hen with Bacon and Onions

So as a cook, fiance, and full time employee there are always going to be times where you need a really simple.  Something, as Anthony Bourdain once said, can be made with one had tied behind my back, standing on my head and with a bong in my mouth.  This is one of those dishes.  Cornish game hen (baby chicken), bacon and onions, can't get any easier and cheap than that.

Here's everything you need for the entire dish.  A cornish game hen, bacon and onions.  Cornish game hens are easily available at any grocery store.  Typically they come frozen in packs of two.  At Meijer there are stashed with the frozen turkey breasts.

This is the picture of the everything cooked, except for the bacon.  You'll just have to believe me when I describe how I cooked it. 

I first cut the bacon up into little slices and cooked that off to render the fat.  Once the bacon was cooked I pulled it out of the pan and put the split chicken in.  The chicken then cooked skin side down in a 500 degree oven with the onions for about 15 minutes. Seriously, that's it.

Once cooked I plated everything up.  Wham bam, thank you ma'am and you have a wonderful dinner.




No comments:

Post a Comment