Sunday, November 3, 2013

Pan Roasted Rabbit with Ancho Blackberry Sauce

I'm getting back in the grove of this blogging thing, so we're up to two posts this week.  Go me!  Anyway, I'll warn you this post will be light on pictures as I apparently didn't take many.  So away we go.

One of my more favorite unique meats out there is rabbit, so when I got a chance to cook it with a chile and fruit sauce I got really excited.
The start of the chile sauce, ancho chiles and water.  The water was boiled and then I soaked the chiles in the water for about 30 minutes.  Once the chiles were soft they were combined in a blender with some of the leftover liquid, garlic, cilantro and molasses.

The start of the rabbit.  Salt, ancho chile powder, flour and a rabbit loin.  The rabbit was seasoned with the salt and ancho chile powder and once ready I coated it in flour and then pan fried it.

The final plate, a little sloppy but it works.  The sauce was finished by simmering the pureed chile past with chicken broth, blackberries and some other ingredients.  The rabbit was supposed to be stuffed with a spinach mixture, however, give the time constraints I had and the difficulty I decided to just make the spinach and serve it underneath the rabbit.



No comments:

Post a Comment